I finished up (mostly) the router table project this weekend, and installed the router lift (and router). I’m happy to report that it works quite well, and I’m very happy with it. The only beef I have is that I apparently wasn’t careful enough when building the fence–it’s a teensy bit out of square. I may have to redo that.
Here are some photos (click on the thumbnails for full-size views):
This has been a very enjoyable and rewarding project. And it cost me only $14 for the router lift plans (highly recommended, by the way), a few dollars for the bearings and other hardware for the lift, a bunch of scrap materials, and my time. (And a router, which I got for a great price at the recent Wood Show.)