I’ve been working off and on (more off than on) on remodeling a bathroom. Work and other obligations have caused this project to advance at glacial speed, but I’ve had a couple of good work days in recent weeks, and I’m almost to the point where I need to build the new vanity. My SketchUp vision for this is below:
The countertop/sink has been delivered. I have all of the sheet goods. I have the hardwood for drawer fronts, door frames and face frame. I have offers from friends to help me cut up the sheet goods and help with the project. What I don’t have is a lot of time in which to do it. But I’m optimistic for the prospects of making sawdust on this project within the next couple of weeks.
I’ve got a couple of sheets of 3/4″ birch plywood for the carcase, and I bought river birch for the face frame, door frames and drawer fronts. I’ve got 1/2″ birch plywood for the drawers, and I’ve got 1/4″ birch plywood for the door panels, drawer bottoms and cabinet back. I’ve got knobs and pulls. (Still need hinges.) I’ve borrowed my dad’s Kreg jig for making the face frame. I’ve even got plenty of Kreg pocket-hole screws. Nearly all the pieces of this puzzle are together in one place in my shop–I just gotta pull the trigger. One of these days.